Thursday, October 13, 2011

Silk & Leather

I finished my first outfit of the year in apparel class today! I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. 


This is my original fashion sketch for the outfit...






I hand-dyed habotai silk with logwood, lac, madder, myrobalan and cutch to make my top.























I forgot to take a good picture of the silk after the dyeing process, but you can see it here with my pattern laid out.



Habotai silk can be really frustrating to sew with. I hope to master it this year.




I found a large navy blue leather coat at Previously Loved Clothes and Things (got it 50% off, woo!) and repurposed it to make the skirt!



My Apparel instructor Barry Buckle teaching me the ways of the leather machine...









HERE'S THE FINISHED GARMENT!!!


:D

No comments:

Post a Comment