Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Feast of Pottery

After a five month hiatus I'M BACK BABY!

The Feast of Pottery opened today! It was really exciting to help set up this morning. SO MANY AMAZING POTTERS. SO MANY ANXIOUS CUSTOMERS. It was great.

I'll give you a little preview but I highly recommend that you check it out for yourself. Nothing compares to viewing it up close. It's going to be running tomorrow (Sunday October 9th) from 12 - 5, and Monday from 9:30 - 4:30.


This is before the set-up...




and after the set-up!




Work by one of my fabulous employers....Alexis Templeton!









Work by another one of my fabulous employers....Isabella St. John!


I actually made these trays over the summer :)



Megan Billings from New Brunswick



Linda Yates and David Hayashida of  Kings Point Pottery





I fell in love with Katrina Chaytor's pottery! I saw a beautiful quilt in every piece.





Danielle Lee's gorgeous mugs and bowls



Such an intense colour red!


Deb Kuzyk and Ray Mackie of Lucky Rabbit Pottery

I could cry over how beautiful their pottery is. I want it alllllll.





A collaboration of Sherri Winsor and Alexis Templeton!



Once 11:00 rolled around I headed to Alexis' studio on Quidi Vidi Road to open up!
I spent the day working on the beginning stages of Alexis' Christmas bulbs and salt cod.





A few shots of the shop. If you live in St. John's or ever find yourself here, you must check it out. 









Such an inspiring day. I'm ending it with a (more than) a few glasses of Southern Comfort, some Gaga and the company of my loving boyfriend and kitties. 

Cheers!







2 comments:

  1. Big fan of Alexis' stuff and Katrina Chaytor's work!
    I also love Lucky Rabbit, but I wish they didn't have that bird. Otherwise, it'd be the best of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving Megan Billings' colorful pieces!

    I'm impressed with Alexis' work. I love the crystal-green piece at the top, and the Christmas bulbs too!

    And it is SOOOOOO good to see you back on your blog. It, and I, missed you terribly.

    ReplyDelete