Thursday, October 20, 2011

Moans and Groans


Those are about the only sounds coming out of me today. I finally caught the cold that everyone around me has been getting. It was inevitable. Although I was mentally prepared for this, it doesn’t make it any easy to get through. I am miserable!

Sore throat, sneezing, stuffy nose, sinus pain, headache, water eyes, hot and cold sweats, exhaustion, AWFULNESS.
I’m just grateful that this happened after my midterm critiques. Although it’s not like school has slowed down since then, it’s actually just as intense as ever with Comfort & Joy, The Christmas Craft Fair, and Telio all on my plate. Today I’m missing Apparel class, which sucks because it’s one of my favourite days of the week. Today I was supposed to learn how to drape a dress on a mannequin, which I was really looking forward to. As guilty as I feel, I have to keep telling myself that I need to rest and recover to ensure that I don’t miss even more time. I can always catch up next week, and in the meantime I can watch youtube videos on draping a dress. Oh, how I love the internet!

Billy was kind enough to make me some breakfast before he left for his last exam. Scrambled eggs, sausages and white pudding....a traditional Newfoundland breakfast! White pudding is so good, but what is even in it?! Actually....don’t answer that, I don’t know if I want to know. It tastes good and that’s all that matters. Thankfully, I still have my appetite!

Ya know what it’s like when you’re sick, you need to be sooked and comforted endlessly until you feel better. Well at least I do! One of the most comforting things to me is a great mug. Today I chose to use Shanie Stozek’s mug from her Coastal Series.  I filled it with piping hot coffee and honey-lemon tea, and because of it’s bowl-like shape it’s likely to hold some soup later this afternoon!






























I love how this mug feels in my hands! It's the perfect shape. Shanie is a potter living and working in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Check out her website and blog!


I plan to spend the rest of the day watching TLC's What Not to Wear and Say Yes to the Dress while snuggling up on the couch with blankets and tea. Gotta get my tender loving care, haha!


Hope you're all feeling better than I am!
Have a great day. :)






P.S: I should add that you can buy Shanie Stozek's mugs and her other pottery items at Alexis Templeton Studio on Quidi Vidi Road and Blue Moon Pottery on Outer Battery Road!





3 comments:

  1. That mug is awesome! Our collection of pottery mugs is growing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug is beautiful. Take care and feel better soon. I have a cold too...so not fun!

    ReplyDelete