Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Things I am thankful for ( in no particular order):

- My Mother and Father, and the endless the support they give me.
- My partner in life, Billy. I am SO appreciate his love, his humour, and his cooking (amongst many other awesome qualities that would take just take all night to list)
- My health. I've cured a heck of a lot of ailments over the past year and that rocks. 
- My Uncle Martin and my Aunt Irene. I don't have a lot of family in my life, but it really doesn't matter because you can't get any cooler than these guys, they actually make up for all the rest. They're full of wisdom and always give me the best advice. 
- My home. I'm so lucky to have a warm, dry, cozy apartment that is free of mold ( a major upgrade from the last place I was living in ). It truly is my sanctuary.
- My Little Man and Lucy. These cats are pretty much my children. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of joy they bring to my life. Yeah, I'm a little cat-crazy. 
- My talent. We're all gifted in different ways and I'm glad I was able to recognize my gifts and encourage them to grow.
- My school. The Anna Templeton Centre is a special place filled with such positivity. I'm grateful for my instructors and classmates, they're some of THE best people out there.
-My friendships....on and off the Earth. Thanks for making me some amazing memories. 
-My jobs. Assisting two very successful potters is a dream. I could not ask for anything better.

Those are things that I'm most thankful for, but the list is never ending. For instance, I'm also very thankful for my new Katrina Chaytor platter that I got at the Feast of Pottery. Isn't it pretty?!






I'm thankful for ham. 







and cheesy scalloped potatoes.


AND India beer/cinnamon/chocolate cake. 


Did I mention that I'm thankful for Billy?
I get the best noms in the world. 
He cooked this feast for Mom, Dad and I even though he broke his toe today. He's the best. 



Hope you all had a great long weekend full of love and food!!

I'll leave you with the virtue of thankfulness....

THANKFULNESS

Thankfulness is gratitude for all the bounties of life. Expressing thanks connects us to others and brings them joy. Each day, we find a moment to count our blessings. Reflection on the treasures in our lives lifts out spirits. Thankfulness soothes our sadness and restores our hope. It gives us perspective. As we practice thankfulness, we attract more and more blessings, because thanksgiving is a conductive to bounty. Thankfulness is a path to contentment.

:)

THANKS for reading


2 comments:

  1. Hey! Don't forget about us here in Ontario. We love you too! We're just very far away. :(
    Great blog! Write more please. You're our very own Grace Bonney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Billy's so sweet!

    Your table setting is so darling! I love how your new plate is just there in the middle.

    I'm thankful for our friendship and that you put up with my incessant need for feedback. <3

    ReplyDelete