Saturday, October 22, 2011

Craft Room Clean Up!



I got a little stir crazy while vegging on the couch all day. Being sick and tired makes me really anxious! I’m so used to being a non-stop-task-slaying-machine that having down-time just feels plain wrong. So, tonight when I got a wave of energy I decided to tackle my mess of a craft room. I’ve been putting it off since the summer so it definitely feels awesome to have it done, but boy am I tired! It took 5 whole hours! Madness!
 
Now, the room is actually a portion of the unfinished basement. It’s awkwardly shaped so it’s hard to get a decent angle to show what the space looks like, but I tried my best.



THE BEFORE (it’s kind of a big deal that I’m showing you this)





piles of heaping piles



my bulletin board was filled with outdated notes



things were constantly falling off the shelves




there was no space to lay a thing, except for on top of other things, hence the accumulating piles.



I had to deal with this....yep.



I organized all the embroidery floss neatly into these containers while Little Man watched intently.





And now for... THE AFTER!


aww, there's a Little Man in my shot. 



looooook! things are tidy!



neatly stacked



drawers are labeled



those drawers belong to this 100-year-old chest given to me by my friend Sally :)



the bulletin board is cleared :)






schoolwork and schoolbooks





my fabrics <3






All of this junk was in that room. 2 bags of garbage, 1 bag of paper and 3 bags of craft stuff to be donated.


























This clean up will be wonderful for my relationship! Now when I’m looking for something I won’t turn into a crazy frustrated bitch! (heh, it’s funny now)...Everything has a home. Being organized is very satisfying. I just have to be able to keep on top of things. It can be difficult as I often have nights of madness and mayhem where every possible surface in the house gets covered in fabric and supplies. *sigh* I dream of the day when I’ll have a spacious studio to work in....

Martha Stewart's studio would be nice




Or any of these lovely spaces...









What would your ideal studio or workspace be like?


xo - KB



3 comments:

  1. http://www.designsponge.com/2011/06/sneak-peek-courtney-michael-adamo.html
    ...only a bit more post-modern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a good job. :D
    Cute cat you have.

    I love your blog so you have new follower. ;)
    Check out my blog & follow it if you like it.
    x.o.x.o.
    http://llnatasha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I LOVE that space Stephanie!

    And thanks Natasha for following my blog, I really appreciate it! :)
    I'll check out your blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete