Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dye, Dye, My Darling!

Today in Dye class, we played with a few different acid dye techniques. I was pretty happy with a couple of them. 




I think the first one looks like nebula! 

I'm actually starting to develop an interest in dyeing, I never felt much for it till now, but today was a whole lot of fun!



This week is pretty insane for the amount of schoolwork I need to do. Actually next week will be pretty insane as well. Heck, this entire semester in nuts! I really need to crack down over the next few days and the weekend, it's so easy to get behind and I really can't let that happen. Must stay committed!!!




The Virtue of Commitment

Commitment is caring deeply about a person, a goal or a belief. Once we discern a direction, we go for it wholeheartedly. We don't hold back, second-guess our decision or hesitate to act on it fully. We set goals and achieve them. We make promises and keep them. We go the extra mile. We are faithful to our relationships and don't allow problems to make us waver. Keeping our commitments strengthens our inner integrity. It deepens our capacity to carry responsibility with grace.

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness...the moment one commits oneself, then Providence moves too."
-Johann Wolfgang von Geothe

The Practice of Commitment


I am discerning about my decisions
I give 100% to whatever I do
I am confident in my choices
I keep my agreements
I am loyal to those I care about
I have the strength to go the distance


I am thankful for the gift of Commitment. It brings passion to my purpose.






Better get back to my embroidery homework and try to get to sleep before 2 am! haha


Have a great night :)


-KB



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Kay Bea! You know I love to dye! You must teach me fun dyeing techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes David! Would love to! This is something we could do from home too! I just had a really cute idea. I could do a tutorial vid and you could be my special guest!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahhaha. you two are cute. also. you know we don't go to bed before two Kay Bea :)

    ReplyDelete