Monday, March 26, 2012

A Machine Embroidered Little Man



Back in the early Fall I learned a few machine embroidery techniques in my Surface Embellishment class. It's probably my least favourite technique I have learned. I don't have much of a kinship with machines. I'm never 100% confident while using them, I can't trust them like I trust my hands. When sewing with my hands I have complete control over every movement and I'm able to move at a pace that I'm comfortable with. I also just prefer the look of hand-embroidery. However, you can produce some really amazing embroidery by using a machine. Check out out local textile artist Judy Cooper's blog for some great examples of machine embroidery.




Although I had frustrations with machine embroidery. I was inspired enough to make an embroidery of my cat, Little Man. His nose is made of silk thread and so soft to touch.
This is the image I drew my design from.




These are some of my favourite photos of Little Man. He is such a little angel.



















Here's a two-minute video of LM being his sweet self while playing with a bit of wool.









1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, when I look at your work, it makes me wish I stuck it out. :P

    This post is the definition of cuteness, though! Little Man is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete