Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shisha, Short and Sweet!

Shisha is a traditional Indian craft. It's an embroidery stitch that attaches mirrors to fabric, specifically brightly coloured clothing and domestic textiles. The word "shisheh" means glass in Persian and over time the word transferred to Hindi as well as other languages.


Though mirrors were used traditionally, you can pretty much use anything as long as it's flat - coins, buttons, pieces of jewellery etc. 

I finished my Shisha samples for school today and used a penny and two pieces of broken jewellery I had lying around.  I found this tutorial to be quite helpful. Here they are...


:)


2 comments:

  1. When I read that you were doing shisha, I really did think you were smoking something. What a lovely surprise! Haha.

    ReplyDelete