Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bleach Dyeing

I'm terribly sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been plenty busy and plenty lazy, it's not a good combination. On top of that I sprained my hand and have been getting really behind in my school work. Today was my first day back from Reading Week and despite my injury I didn't have too much trouble. Luckily, I have the sweetest and most helpful classmates ever :) 


Today in class we played with some bleach dyeing techniques. It's a lot of fun. Have a look, but keep in mind that they are just samples.







this is the reverse side




ans the reverse of this one




Interesting looking hey? I think some of them would look great as fabric for a top or dress even! That's it, I'm definitely going to have to make myself a cool summer dress!

Although I have so many cool things to tell you all about, I must get back to doing schoolwork and try my best to get caught up. When things cool down I'll have to write the blog of blogs to make up for not writing for so long...and to keep my sanity. ;)



Peace and Love,
Kay Bea








2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that I'm missing this. Bleach dyeing was so fun at the retreat.

    I love the one that looks like snakeskin and the one that has like, rectangular blocks on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was my first time ever doing it! David this summer we should go to the beach and do it! You could do it to a black t-shirt, it would be hot.

    oh and the rectangular blocks were made from clothespins!

    ReplyDelete