Monday, April 25, 2011

Knit fast, die warm.



Sew! I made it through critiques somehow and boy do I feel relieved! I got my marks back today and I'm mighty pleased. The sleepless nights, caffeine addiction and bouts of insanity were well worth it. :)


I'm currently on midterm break waiting to return to for intersession next week. Though I wouldn't exactly use the word break to describe this point in time. Ya see, I'm just as busy as ever preparing for....


FRESH FISH! 5
A Craft Market showcasing young Newfoundland talent

Sunday, May 1st from 10am - 5pm
@ The Masonic Temple



I'm pretty pumped for it. It's going to be my very first craft fair, the first of many, so I'm excited and a little nervous about the whole experience. 

I'm working on such a random assortment of things that I'll be showing you throughout the week. At the moment, nothing has been completed yet, so you're just going to have to wait and see what I'm up to! 


But I will show you some of my knitting work from this past semester!


Some Fair Isle Patterns






Some Intarsia Patterns




and a bit of both!



and THIS was my final project. We had to knit an advertisement for pretty much anything. So I chose to advertise Lady GaGa's Born This Way.

This was my original design. It didn't turn out exactly as I had planned. I had a lot of difficulty with knitting the mask, so I had to scrap that idea, but I'm still pretty pleased! It's super fun to wear.







 My handsome model Mr. Billy Shea :)


That's all for now folks,I'll try to get lots of work done tomorrow so I can show you what I'll be selling a the fair. Hope you all enjoyed your Easter break!

Good Night!!

-KB





2 comments: