Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Tutorials


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!


I don't know what's come over me, perhaps I've been hit by Cupid's arrow, but I'm all about Valentine's Day for the first time in years! The last time I was this hyped was probably in grade three when my mother sent me to school wearing heart patterned rights, heart-shaped glasses and cardboard hearts cutouts glued to the back pockets of my denim skirt.....I really was THAT cool.

So if you enjoy V-Day as much as I do, perhaps you'll want to join in the festivities by making your own valentine's and and valentine accessories.....



Danish Woven Paper Heart Tutorial


Here's what you'll need:

- decorative paper
- scissors
- marker 
- pencil
- glue






1. Start by making this template, it can be any size at all.





2. Next, pick two decorative papers of different colours or patterns. Fold your paper so that the width is at least as big as the length of your template. Place the flat side of your template along the folded edge. Trace and cut! 










3. Take both your cutouts and weave them together. This part can be a little tricky, have patience.









4. Now, we're going to make a love note to go inside. Trace your woven heart to use as a guide for size.















TA DAAAAAA!












Felt Heart-Shaped Button Covers


This craft is just precious, simple and quick! They look great on cardigans, overalls and pants with button-up pockets.


You'll need:

- sheet of felt
- a marker
- scissors





1. Mark a heart template out of paper (you'll use this the trace your button covers).





2. Trace as many hearts as you have buttons and cut them out!





3. Cut slits in the center if your hearts and slip over your buttons. :)


Cute, hey?



And now, I give you my most favourite virtue of all....The Virtue of Love!

Love is at the center of our being. It is the vital source that gives us energy and direction. it connects one heart with another. Love is irresistible attraction and affection for a person, a place, an idea, or even for life itself. Love is cherishing others, treating them with tenderness. Love thrives on acceptance and appreciation. it has the power to heal. It calls us to continually hone ourselves, while releasing the need to control or make someone in our image. Nurtured by commitment and seasoned by kindness, love is our greatest gift.

"Love is patient; love is kind...it bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things."
- The Holy Bible, 1 Corinthians, 13:7

The Practice of Love

I allow myself to connect deeply.
I commit myself wholeheartedly.
I show love through acts of kindness.
I accept and appreciate the ones I love.
I do the work on myself that love requires.
I cherish the loves of my life.

I am thankful for the gift of Love. It is my treasury.




Tell the people you love, that you love them! Life is too short.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today :)

peace and love,
xox
-KB






1 comment: